who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
-Hebrews 12:2
My baby is sick. My heart goes out to all mothers before me who have endured this pain. It is absolutely heart-wrenching to see your child suffer and not be able to fix it. He is only five months old but he has an ear infection which causes high fever (102+), runny/congested nose, and lots of fussiness. For my usually happy baby, this is not an easy thing.
Not only is my baby sick, but my husband is also under the weather. Those of you who know him probably know that it takes quite a bit to take him down. He has had fever, congestion, achiness, and fatigue. Needless to say, the last couple of days have not been very fun.
I had a revelation, however, while putting my little one to bed: I have a choice.
I sometimes allow myself to give in to self-pity. I have been known to play the victim card at times. This has never helped my problems, but has only served to allow myself to feel worse. I've decided that I can choose to focus on the negative aspects of my situation, or I can thank God for the positives.
God has kept me healthy so far throughout this ordeal.
Jeremy was supposed to cover two outdoor soccer games last night (when he was feeling his worst) in very cold weather. God somehow orchestrated the cancellation of the games (which almost never happens). This allowed my husband some much needed rest.
Jonah has continued to be able to smile and laugh at different points throughout the day, providing some relief for us all.
Jeremy is continuing to get better.
I have a friend who is a retired pediatric nurse who has made herself available for me to call any time day or night. She has been incredibly helpful.
I have family I can call on who live close by and are always willing to lend a helping hand. In fact, my parents came by tonight to help with his cereal feeding, bath, and bedtime.
We have the financial means to pay for insurance and medicine without worry.
So throughout this ordeal, I am thankful. I only have to remember to keep my eyes focused on God's provision and not on the trying circumstances.
Now for some Father/Son love:


No comments:
Post a Comment