for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV
This passage inspired my blog title. Being the daughter of a pastor, I grew up hearing these words often. Once I became a parent, they took on a whole new meaning.
Every day I am blessed enough to have the opportunity to stay at home with my little boy. The first few weeks it did not always feel like a blessing, however. I found myself wishing he would progress to the next developmental step. "If only he could hold up his head; if only he could entertain himself; if only he would go longer than 2 hours between feedings; if only he could hold on to a toy." These thoughts filled my mind often. "Enjoy these times; they'll go by fast," is what I was told. Now I believe these words.
As I watch my little boy roll over, jump, and try to sit on his own, I see that he is growing up. I read in a magazine the other day a quote that said something like, "There's always a big milestone around the corner, but you can never go back."
I have since learned to try to appreciate every poopy diaper, crying car ride, and sleepless night because God's mercies are "new every morning." He will see me through the difficulties and help me to handle them in grace and love.
Just as Jonah depends on me for everything from food to clothing to comfort, so I depend on my Father. Just like my son, I, too, just need to be held sometimes. This viewpoint has impacted my ability to parent my child. God's grace and mercy He has shown me give me the strength I need to endure trying times with my little one.
I'll leave you with some more cuteness : )
Mr. Cool
With his adorable cousin
No comments:
Post a Comment